- PRE-WASH YOUR FABRIC FIRST!!!
- 3 yards of fabric for main portion of cover (no less than 44″ wide)
- 1 yard of minky fabric for inside portion of blanket
- 3 yards of trim for straps
- sew on velcro strips
- sewing machine, thread, and pins
- nap mat insert (mine is approx. 18×42)
- small toddler pillow (mine is a lumbar pillow insert 12×20)
STEP FOUR: Lay your outer cover pieces right sides together. In this photo below, the edges you just sewed down are staggered at the bottom and the raw edges are together at the top. Fold the bottom piece up 16″ to create the envelop opening.
Now slide the blanket portion into the left side of the cover minky side up, raw side out. Pin around the three sides leaving the bottom open. Stitch in place. Turn right side out and make sure your blanket is properly attached.
Stick the two 4ft. long strips inside the bottom unsewn portion of the cover about 5 inches from the side seams. Pin and stitch in place. TIP: Back stitch over the trim so that it holds up to repeated pulling from use.
STEP SIX: Flip the cover right side out. Finish the edges of the trim by rolling them over and stitching in place. Now attach the velcro pieces. I used two 12 inch long strips. With the cover laying blanket side up, lay the straps over top of the blanket. I placed the softer loop portion of the velcro about 4 inches from the bottom of the cover. Flip the top pieces of the strap up and place the rougher hook portion of the velcro right at the end. Stitch in place.