We celebrated Izzy turning NINE last month! Oh my word, Time, slow the heck down!!! As she is getting older, her parties have changed from having larger groups over for a few hours to slumber parties with just a few close girl friends. I actually much prefer the smaller sleepovers. This party didn’t really have a theme, it was just all about the things Izzy loves. Right now she’s into crafting, still flips with excitement over anything with a bunny on it, and loves turquoise. For instance, her friend gave her a turquoise bunny onesie and she about lost her mind 😀 So, here you go! A colorful girl’s birthday party! I’ll include a source list at the bottom for you. This post does contain some affiliate links. Purchases made through these links do not increase prices for you at all, but it does keep this blog up and running. For more information, visit my disclosure here. Thank you for your support!
You may have heard me mention before that I am a big fan of Paperless Post invitations. This isn’t at all sponsored by them, I just truly love how easy it is to send out invitations, set up reminders, etc. She choose this cute invite and a couple of minutes later it was personalized and sent out. Done and done!
The only decorations we did for this party was the balloon garland, and boy was it cool! I purchased a premixed balloon pack from Sweet Lulu that already had all these perfect colors together. I’ll put together a tutorial on how I did it in a couple of days. I promise you, it really is much easier to make than you would think!
Isabelle requested a cake in her favorite light turquoise color. She feel in love with this one she saw from Lovely Indeed and had to have it. Gotta tell you, these mixed sprinkles are just the best ever (they come in so many different combinations too)! They make any plain ol cake instantly awesome. Top it off with super tall golden candles and you’re, well… golden!
And because my girl loves bunnies, these bunny paper plates HAD to happen.
Izzy is so into crafting lately, it makes my DIY heart burst with joy! She decided on a craft that would make a cute party favor when they were done. We pre-made banners out of left over painter’s drop cloth, cut letters out of felt, cut down the dowel rods, and made some little tassels. Once the girls arrived they were able to glue on the letters and assemble the rest of their banner. Her friends are getting to the age where all they really want to do is hang out and talk so having the time consuming parts of the craft done a head of time made it quick and easy.
Like any good sleepover, the rest of the night was spent giggling and watching movies. It always brings back so many happy memories of when I was young!
Izzy’s Birthday Interview
Every year I give my kids a birthday interview. It’s so much fun to look back on past years and see what has changed and what stays the same.
- What’s your favorite color? Light turquoise
- What’s your favorite toy? Making and playing with slime
- What’s your favorite fruit? Blueberries
- What’s your favorite TV show? Mako Mermaids
- What’s your favorite breakfast? Vanilla Chex
- What’s your favorite lunch? Cheese quesadillas
- What’s your favorite outfit? White shorts and turquoise t-shirt
- What’s your favorite game? Trouble
- What’s your favorite snack? Nilla Wafers
- What’s your favorite animal? Bunnies and giraffes
- What’s your favorite song? Ready for It? by Taylor Swift
- What’s your favorite book? Harry Potter
- What’s your favorite cereal? Vanilla Chex
- What’s your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my bike, scooter, or roller skates
- What’s your favorite drink? Cranberry juice
- What’s your favorite holiday? Easter because of all the bunnies
- What’s your favorite thing to take to bed? Giraffe, Back Up Giraffe, and some of my bunnies
- What do you want to eat for your birthday dinner? Dumplings from my favorite Vietnamese restaurant
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Veterinarian
- Who is your celebrity crush? Zac Efron (you guys this JUST happened the other night while watching High School Musical)
Get the Look:
For more birthday party inspiration, check out all of the kids’ past parties here!