I hope everyone had a great Easter! Ours was AWESOME. Where’s that damn sarcasm font??? Sam had a stomach bug. The poor thing was completely out of commission. It was like he was auditioning for a scene in The Exorcist. Honestly, it was that bad.
He was feeling much better the morning of Easter, but I wasn’t comfortable getting him out and about. No sense in risking getting any other kids in the church nursery sick. We had a little Easter egg hunt at the house though so not all was lost. There were no cute Easter clothes though. I figured there was no reason to put them on. If I would have, they would have ended up being target practice for Sam’s stomach.
I love this pic. Sometimes they really do love each other.
Ok, so an update on our home office. Here’s where we were in the beginning. Zip, zero, zilch useful storage. The bookcases off to the right were horrible and wiggled back and forth. Cords were all over the place and we always had junk laying out on the tables.
And here is the progress on the built ins!
They gave us LOADS of shelves. I’ll end up taking a lot of them out since we don’t need that many, but it’s better have too many than too little! The drawer fronts and cabinet doors have been added to the base part of the wall unit, but I haven’t taken pics of them yet. The best part about all of this is we will be able to store all of our cords and boxes inside the cabinets! Woohoo!!! No more tripping over cords or having Sam flip the power switches on and off. Or… hearing the sound of Archer chewing on something and almost breaking your neck as you flip your head around in a panic to make sure it’s a dog bone and not a vital cord.
The plan is to stain the desk piece that runs the length of the unit and then paint the bookcases and cabinets white. I was hoping I could talk Mike into a gray paint, but it was a no go 🙁 His desk will be rotated to sit in front of the built ins. We’ve also got plans for a super cool light fixture using some industrial pendants we picked up at Round Top last fall. I’m praying it works!