You could say I am just a little bit late in sharing Izzy’s birthday party. She turned ten in February, yikes! But, better late than never. This year Izzy requested a movie themed birthday party at home with her friends. Simple enough, right?! Not simple is finding a movie that is age appropriate for a group of nine and ten year olds that they haven’t all already seen. Then it hit me, The Princess Bride! I have been introducing Izzy to some of my favorite movies from the 80’s and this was on the list to see. So, here is The Princess Bride Movie Party!
A complete source list can be found at the end of this post. Some affiliate links are used. For more information, visit my Disclosure.
My favorite way to send birthday invitations are by email. Most often I use Paperless Post. I like that I can track who received the invite and rsvp’s, as well as send out updates if needed. This invite set the color theme for the entire party.
Movie Party Decorations
We designated the playroom to be the movie room. To make the playroom feel like a special movie showing I added some paper streamers and stars to the hallway and added a this movie poster outside the entrance.
Paper streamers were added to a gold mylar curtain to tie in with the party colors.
By far the easiest way to decorate a room for a party is to hang some streamers and toss balloons on the ground. So quick and simple! The past few years I’ve been buying all of my balloons from Sweet Lulu. You can get pre-mixed balloon sets or buy them individually to create your own color combinations. I purchased a pre-mixed combination but it’s no longer available in my color way. I’ll link to the individual balloon colors in the source list if you want to do the same colors shown here.
I used the clips that normally hold the kids’ art to hang these letter balloons. The pink letters were just cut out of scrapbook paper. No clips? No problem! You could use double sided tape or Command Strips to attach them to the wall.
Movie Party Snacks
What is a movie without popcorn? These paper cup carriers are amazing! Use them to hold popcorn, a mini bag of M&M’s, and a bottle of water. I did faux-calligraphy in Sharpie on the front so the girls could keep track of their snacks.
Confetti Tip: Make your own chunky confetti by cutting pieces of streamer paper. I had a star shaped punch from another project so I cut out some stars from glittered scrapbook paper to go with the movie theme.
Izzy wanted to do something different than regular cake for her birthday. We ordered some Polar Pizza from Baskin Robbins and it was so good!!
The Princess Bride is known for the one-liners. I made sugar cookies with some favorite quotes from the movie using these letter cookies presses. Package a couple together for tasty take home favors.
Izzy’s Birthday Interview
We have a tradition where the kids answer the exact same questions every year for their birthday. It’s so fun to see what changes and what stays the same over the years. Gosh you guys, I love this fiery young lady of mine so much!!
- Favorite color? Olive green
- Favorite toy/thing to play with? Pooping bunny. It’s a robot bunny that shreds paper.
- Favorite fruit? Blueberries
- Favorite TV show? Mariah Elizabeth and Izzy’s Game Time (both Youtube channels).
- Favorite breakfast? Scrambled eggs
- Favorite lunch? PB&J rollup
- Favorite outfit? Long grey cardigan, olive green t-shirt, black leggings, and olive green Adidas
- Favorite game? Minecraft
- Favorite snack? White cheddar popcorn
- Favorite animal? Bunnies and giraffes
- Favorite song? Eastside by Halsey, New Rules by Dua Lipa, The Middle with Zedd and Maren Morris
- Favorite book? Emily Windsnap series and Percy Jackson
- Favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Favorite thing to do outside? Tumbling
- Favorite drink? Sprite, Ginger Ale, Cranberry juice
- Favorite holiday? Easter (because of all the bunnies)
- Favorite thing to take to bed? Giraffe
- Who is your best friend? Dakota
- What do you want to eat for your birthday dinner? Romero’s (her favorite Mexican restaurant)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Engineer
- Who is your celebrity crush? Zac Efron (though she can’t even utter his name without giggling).
- The Princess Bride movie poster
- Gold letter balloons
- Paper snack carriers
- Popcorn box
- Star plates
- Gold door fringe
- Cookie letter press kit
Shop the Look
I hope you found some inspiration from this movie themed birthday party! For more party inspiration check out these posts!
For more info on the playroom, check out this post!