Has that Summer heat gotten to you yet? It’s in full force over here, but we’re still enjoying the outdoors with our new backyard! Strawberries are a favorite in our household year round, but especially during the Summer. I’m sharing some summer sips and treats featuring our favorite berry that you absolutely must try out!
Some affiliate links are used at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog! For more information, visit my Disclosure.
Strawberry Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Once you try this, you’ll never want to go back to plain old ice cream sandwiches. The combinations are endless with the different flavors of pizzelle waffle cookies (vanilla, chocolate, lemon, etc.) and ice creams.
The day I made and photographed these ice cream sandwiches it was 109 outside. I’ve never snapped photos so fast in my life! It was comical how quickly all of us attacked the plate when I was done. I want one now just thinking of them again.
- Vanilla Pizzelle waffle cookies
- Strawberry ice cream
How to Make it:
- Spread a layer of Nutella inside two waffle cookies
- Top one cookie with ice cream, and sandwich second waffle cookie on top
- Freeze no less than 30 minutes and enjoy!
Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule
The drink of choice for me is a Moscow Mule. It just always works. For Summer I wanted to try out a new take on it and am so thrilled with how the addition of strawberries and basil tasted!
- 2 ounces Vodka (I like Titos)
- 2 ounces sweetened lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 3 large or 4 small strawberries
- 5 basil leaves
How to Make it:
- In a shaker add the strawberries and basil, then muddle together (can also muddle together in mortar pestle and then add to shaker)
- To the shaker add vodka, sweetened lime juice, and a few ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain into a copper mug filled with more ice
- Add ginger beer to mug and stir
- Outdoor Makeover
- Moscow Mule Copper Mugs
- Wood Serving Board
- White Dinner Plate
- Napkins – Serena & Lily (no longer available)
More Summer Entertaining Ideas
Hope you enjoyed these Summer sips and treats. I’m joining some friends of mine who are also sharing more Summer entertaining ideas, so be sure to check them out!
Jackie from Finding Lovely
Mary Ann from Classic Casual Home
Shelley from Crazy Wonderful Blog
Cindy from Cindy Hattersley Design
Annie from Most Lovely Things