It has been years since I’ve shared our home office on the blog. Several years ago we added built-ins which drastically changed the function and look of the space. Over that time the space had mostly been used by me here and there until 2020 when my husband had to work from home. He now works mostly in the office, but does spend a few days working from home each week. With all the use it had been receiving I started dreaming up a new look for the space. I’ve got some home office makeover plans I’m really excited about!
Home Office Before
The built-ins did wonders for this room, but I felt like it was lacking personality.
Home Office Makeover Inspiration
Since painting our home theater room black a couple of years ago, I’ve been itching to paint another room black. Our office is the perfect space for it. I think this is going to give the room so much more personality than the existing all white paint. Here are some moody home offices I’ve been looking to for inspiration.
Home Office Makeover Plans
- Paint – Black paint, but a black paint that has come character to it. Everything will be this color; walls, ceiling, built-ins, baseboards, crown, and the inside of the French doors.
- Desk – While my husband and I both adore the vintage desk we have, it’s too big for the space. A smaller open desk will help the room breath a lot more.
- Office Chair – Mike badly needs a new, comfortable chair and I love the simple masculine look of this one.
- Swivel Arm Chair – We have an old club chair sitting in the corner that is also too large for the room. This swivel arm chair is going to be the perfect spot for reading, or for me to pop in and say hello during the day.
- Accent Table – Mike also likes to read in the office. Having a spot near the chair for a beverage and book makes sense.
- Chandelier – I’ve always wanted a bubble chandelier, and this price is amazing! The frosted white globes are going to be such a pretty contrast to the black paint.
What are your thoughts on the home office makeover plans? Do you think I’m crazy for going all black? I have a secret. It’s already painted. It’s so stinking beautiful I can hardly contain myself!! I’m working with a company on the paint and cannot share it until I have approval. It’s so hard waiting! But, I should be able to share it with you sometime next week. Stay tuned!
Love the old, but change is good.😀